Microsoft Office becomes an important element in our daily lives as it is also used in homes, offices, businesses, and other institutions. The software has been developed by Microsoft and includes many applications such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, and many more. This error is caused by 30010–4 when installing and updating MS Office. To learn more about MS Office, visit www.office.com/setup.
Read:- How to Repair Microsoft Office 365 Installation
Steps to Fix Microsoft Office error code 30010–4:
Step 1: Temporarily disable firewall and antivirus:
This error is caused by network and firewall restrictions. Computer network rules prevent the installation of Office programs.
Disable the firewall:
- First, open the control panel and access the system and security. Then go to the “Windows Firewall”.
- Then press “Activate or deactivate the window firewall”.
- Then choose Disable Firewall for private and public networks. After following this procedure, try to install or update MS Office and verify if the error is correct.
- First, open the antivirus application which is installed on your computer. Then click Settings and use real-time protection and deactivate it.
- Then go to the antivirus firewall and disable it.
- To make changes to the computer, click Yes or OK confirmation prompt.
- After following this procedure, try to install or update MS Office again and see if the error is correct.
Step 2: SFC Scan to fix MS Office Error code 30010-4
This error is also caused by system file errors or corruption that can be easily corrected by SFC scanning. It is the process of replacing a corrupt copy of system files by using a copy of the directory files. To perform an SFC scan, first, open the command prompt in Administrative Privilege, then type “sfc / scannow” and press Enter. This will start the scanning process. In between, do not turn off the command prompt until the scan is complete. After following the entire process, try to install or update Microsoft Office and check if the error is correct.
Step 3: Registry repair to fix the error code 30010-4
This error also occurs because of a registry error or key-value errors. This causes a malfunction in the Microsoft Office program. To fix the error code 30010–4, follow the steps below:
- First, open Registry Editor.
- Then remove the preinstalled or old registry keys that are blocking the installation process.
- After that, browse the keys and remove it.
HKEY_CURRENT_USERS \ Software \ Microsoft \ Office \ 11.0
HKEY_CURRENT_USERS \ Software \ Microsoft \ Office \ 12.0
HKEY_CURRENT_USERS \ Software \ Microsoft \ Office \ 14.0
HKEY_CURRENT_USERS \ Software \ Microsoft \ Office \ 15.0
HKEY_CURRENT_USERS \ Software \ Wow6432Node \ Microsoft \ Office \ 11.0
HKEY_CURRENT_USERS \ Software \ Wow6432Node \ Microsoft \ Office \ 12.0
HKEY_CURRENT_USERS \ Software \ Wow6432Node \ Microsoft \ Office \ 14.0
HKEY_CURRENT_USERS \ Software \ Wow6432Node \ Microsoft \ Office \ 15.0
Please change the DWORD value in the keys below.
License server redirection
Automatic extension of active DL
Password authentication provider
Step 4: Removal and Restoration:
- First, open the Control Panel, then click on Uninstaller and Features.
- Look for Microsoft Office in the list.
- After that select Microsoft Office and click on Uninstall.
- When the installation process is complete, install Microsoft Office.
Install Microsoft MS Office:
- First, open MS Office account, and then login to your ms office account using a registered ID and password.
- After this, click on the install option under Office Product.
- When the download is complete, save the installer configuration and run it.
- Do not log off or restart the computer after the installation process starts.
- Click Finally after the installation process is complete. office.com/setup