How to Update Norton Antivirus in Windows 10 – It is important to have an effective antivirus like Norton Antivirus to protect your system from malware, viruses, and threats. Whether it is a PC or laptop running it without antivirus, the risk is high. Norton Antivirus prevents viruses from entering your system and has other features as well. It supports Macintosh OS and Windows gadgets. A lot of people use this security suite and it has a lot of benefits, but they don’t know how to update Norton Antivirus in Windows 10.
Our Tech Support Expert Company is a professional and genuine tech company that helps users to resolve technology-related issues, errors, and issues like system crashes, infections, etc. Although Norton Antivirus software is easy to use, many users using Windows 10 have no idea of Norton Antivirus update steps when software update brings better features for better user experience, better compatibility, better performance stability, etc. And they cannot enjoy these benefits. So, today in this blog we will update Norton Antivirus by following the most simple and precise steps. Let us see how to update Norton Antivirus in Windows 10.
Steps to Update Norton Antivirus in Windows 10
Software updates are most important because they often include significant fixes for vulnerabilities. In addition, they can improve the stability of the software and remove outdated features that improve the user experience. Similarly, Norton Antivirus is a security software that provides periodic updates to increase the efficiency of the software and intensify the fun while using antivirus. To take advantage of these upgrades, you will need to update your Norton Antivirus protection suite in your Windows 10 operating system.
Here are the steps to update Norton Antivirus in Windows 10, follow the steps mentioned below and enjoy the latest upgrade.
Step 1) Run Norton Antivirus protection software on the system that you are using.
Step 2) On startup you will see a Security tab, on the tab click on Protected.
Step 3) Click on the “Live Update” option and then press Enter on the “Apply” option.
Step 4) Norton software will automatically check for updates and download them when needed.
Step 5) From time to time there will be a major program update called a fix.
Step 6) It may take some time for the software to install the patch.
Step 7) After the installation is complete, it is worth running “Live Update” again as you can check that there are no more updates.
After following the steps mentioned above, you can easily update your Norton Antivirus to Windows 10 manually and enjoy the upgrade.
Fix Norton Antivirus Update Problems
Norton Antivirus is very strong in protecting PC and the process of updating this software is very efficient. But sometimes issues arise while updating the software and it is quite frustrating. But you don’t need to worry about this minor issue as the technical support experts are here to help you solve this problem. Many users ignore Norton Antivirus update problems. If you’re having trouble updating Norton Antivirus, you’ve come to the right place. We will walk you through some steps to fix update issues in your system.
Here are some specific steps for troubleshooting Norton Antivirus update issues:
- Disable Third-Party Antivirus:- Sometimes many issues arise due to conflict between built-in Windows Defender and Norton Antivirus suite. So you need to make some adjustments to fix these issues. Disable Windows Defender while installing updates to your system for Norton Antivirus protection software. It can help you to solve your problem.
- Run Norton Software as Administrator:- Limitations imposed on Norton can cause problems while updating Norton Antivirus software. This limitation can be avoided by running Norton later with administrative permission. Here are some steps to run Norton as an administrator.
- Navigate to the file or folder where Norton is installed.
- Open the properties of the executable file.
- Open the Compatibility tab.
- Click the “Run this program as an administrator” option.
- Select the “Apply” option and then press the Enter button.
- Norton will now start running as administrator and you will not see any issues regarding updates.
- Update Windows:- If you still have this problem then we suggest that you update your windows, it might solve Norton Security software update-related issues. You can update your running Windows operating system by doing the following:
- Open the Windows Search bar, type Updates, and then open Check for Updates.
- Click on the option to check for updates and install updates if necessary.
- After successfully updating Windows, restart your PC. And try updating Norton’s security software again.
I hope you now understand How to Update Norton Antivirus in Windows 10. After following the steps if you have any issues then you can do comment in the below section. We will help you if you like the post then please do share it with the others.