How To Fix Norton Antivirus Installation Problem– Norton Antivirus is one of the most commonly used and purchased antivirus applications. The application is used by millions of users around the world to protect their systems from potential threats and viruses. When installed properly, users can enjoy attractive benefits such as comprehensive secure scanning, advanced data protection, and much more. But sometimes Norton Antivirus refuses to be installed on the system. If you are a victim of this problem and want to know easy ways to fix the Norton Antivirus installation problem, then you have come to the right place.
Antivirus is the most important application on any system. It protects the system from online threats and suspected malware attacks. Hence, it becomes imperative to install this application properly. If your Norton Antivirus doesn’t install on your system, or if you don’t know how to fix the Norton Antivirus installation problem, stay with us till the end. Through this blog from Tech Support Expert, we will walk you through some of the most common ways to fix this error Simple guide on how to fix Norton antivirus installation problem
Common Issues Restricting Installation of Norton Antivirus
Technical errors have become common with Norton Antivirus, especially when it comes to installation. There are several reasons that can prevent the installation of Norton Antivirus in the system. these:
- Block third-party security applications.
- Wrong settings.
- Incorrect preferences are set by the user.
- Wrong installation download.
- Corrupted files.
These are some of the main culprits that can cause this problem. But luckily, there are some easy ways to properly install Norton Antivirus in your system.
Reliable Guide to Fix Norton Antivirus Installation Problem
Are you having installation problems with your Norton Antivirus? Well, in this section of the blog, we will provide you with a reliable guide to properly install Norton Antivirus in your system. But make sure you go through all the steps without missing anything.
Method 1: Restart the device
The first thing you need to do in such situations is to restart your system. Restarting the system will fix many technical issues that you may be facing with their apps. All you have to do is follow the given series of steps:
- First of all close all files and programs running in the background.
- Second, terminate all programs.
- Go to Start > Click on Restart.
- Wait a few seconds and let the system restart and stabilize.
- Stop trying to reinstall Norton Antivirus to check the status of the problem.
If this method did not come to the rescue, you can try another method.
Method 2: Install Antivirus in Safe Mode
One of the commonly used methods to solve Norton Antivirus installation problem is to install Norton Antivirus in Safe Mode. Use the following steps to perform this method:
- Close all files and programmers running in the system.
- Refresh the system and launch the Run dialog box.
- Press Window + R on the keyboard to launch the Run dialog box.
- Now type msconfig and press enter.
- If the User Account Control window appears, click Yes.
- Now in the Boot tab under the System Configuration window choose Secure Boot and Network.
- Press OK and restart the device (if prompted).
- Go to Start > Tap on Restart.
- Restart the device in Safe Mode with Networking enabled.
- Now try to install Norton Antivirus on your system.
Method 3: Advanced Troubleshooting
If the above two methods did not come to the rescue, then as a last resort you should try advanced troubleshooting. This method involves uninstalling any product other than Norton LifeLock Security. Follow the steps mentioned below carefully to resolve the Norton Antivirus installation issue.
- First of all, launch the Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R button.
- Now type the command appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
- Select a security product other than NortonLifeLock from the list of installed applications.
- Tap Uninstall or Remove option.
- Now follow all the on-screen instructions.
- Allow the system to complete the uninstallation process.
- Restart the system.
- After all the steps are completed, try to check the problem status by installing Norton Antivirus.
This brings us to the end of a wonderful blog on troubleshooting Norton Antivirus installation problems. The methods listed above have been done after extensive research and testing by our experts. Digitalsoftwarestore4u is one of the finest brands that has enthralled everyone with its real-time help. If you have any issues then you can do comment in the box. And please do share the others.