Have you encountered the “Outlook not opening in Windows 10” inconsistency? Or are you stuck on the “Could not open information store” error? So you have come to the right place to know the reasons and ways to solve this problem.
Causes Of Outlook Not Opening in Windows 10 Error?
There are several reasons for this error. Some of them are listed below.
- An Outlook window cannot open due to a poor Internet or network connection.
- Authentication is required for some POP and IMAP email accounts that use an outgoing mail server (SMTP).
- The ISP or user’s network has a firewall that blocks connections to your outgoing email services.
- Incorrect credential or account settings were entered.
- The network requires a proxy server to establish a connection with the mail server.
- Unavailability of your mail server.
Here we have mentioned the reasons that Outlook will not open on Windows 10 error. Now we are going to proceed to different methods to solve this error.
How to Fix Outlook Not Opening in Windows 10 Error?
Method 1 – Reset the File Explorer Navigation Pane
One of the most common issues is the faulty navigation pane.
- First, right-click on the Windows icon. Then press the “Run” window.
- Then enter the code below and press enter.
- outlook.exe \ resetnavpane
This will fix the navigation panel which may be the cause of the problem on the computer.
Method 2 – Open Outlook Safe Mode Shortcut
Add-ins are a source for improving the functionality of Outlook. However, if you are using add-ins, it may display a perspective that does not open in Windows 10. To solve this problem, you can use Outlook in safe mode and also remove add-ins.
- First, start by pressing the Windows key + R to open the run dialog box.
- Next, enter Outlook / Secure and click the Enter key.
- Next, check the box select a profile, press the OK button. If you get a pop-up to enter a password, type and press the Accept button.
- Here, after opening Outlook in safe mode, close the add-ins. To eliminate the supplement, follow the steps below:
- First open Outlook, then go to the File menu and hit Options.
- Click on Add-ins in Outlook Options.
- See and manage the Office Add-Ins section, confirm that “COM Add-Ins” is selected in the Manage box.
- After that go to the Go button.
- In the COM Add-Ins window, make sure that all add-ins are enabled in the Available Add-Ins section.
- Uncheck all the boxes to eliminate add-ins.
- Go to the OK button and close Outlook.
Then open Outlook again. To activate an add-in once, check which add-in is “unable to open Windows 10 Outlook computer.” message. Follow these steps below to activate add-ins.
- First, start by clicking the Windows + R keys simultaneously.
- Then, in the Run box, enter Outlook and click the Enter key.
- Now go to the File tab and hit Options.
- Here, check the add-ins and then authorize the add-in.
- Finally, close Outlook and restart again.
Now the above steps should be done every time to add a single add-in. Additionally, repeat these steps until you create an add-in problem. Once you find it, remove these add-ins.
Method 3 – Repair Outlook Profile
MS Outlook Repair will identify and fix the problem.
- First, click on Windows Key + R.
- Then type “appwiz.cpl” and press enter.
- Now you need to find the “MS Office” collection.
- Here you have to right-click on the installed Office package and press “Change”.
- Then tap on the radio button next to “Quick Repair”.
- Finally, after clicking “Repair”.
You should follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the problem. This will solve the problem.
Now, you can be well told about solutions to solve the error of not opening Outlook in Windows 10. However, this is a common error that can be easily solved. Manual methods are time-consuming and difficult to use for non-technical users. In addition, it sometimes leads to large data loss. Therefore, it is recommended to use the PST recovery tool. Although it is a reliable Outlook email recovery software. In addition, it has a simple interface and is fast to use.